Bringing Society To Psychology
If anyone wants to join SCRA, there's an initiative to recruit more international members. Annual subscription is now $30 rather than $60.
Here's the email (below) that David Fryer has kindly forwarded on.
At the SCRA mid-winter meeting the Executive voted to reduce all fees for international members. SCRA also has a new International committee in an attempt to integrate a wider range of perspectives and facilitate a more global approach in orientation.
The following changes were approved and implemented. You may wish to forward this information to students who may be interested in the global positioning of community psychology and the range of work roles available. Of particular note is the offer of a one year gift membership for Masters and Phd graduates.
The Society for Community and Action Research (SCRA) is pleased to announce the following reductions in fees for international and student members.
1. A reduced 2-year membership fee of $15 for all undergraduate students.
2. For new graduates from a Ph.D. or a terminal Master’s program, a 1-year gift membership.
SCRA is also pleased to announce a new reduced membership fee of $30 for all international applicants outside the United States.
Your membership will give you the following benefits:
- Electronic access to the American Journal of Community Psychology and The Community Psychologist;
- Professional development opportunities at all levels of one’s career;
- Networking opportunities for academics and practitioners;
- A subscription to the new SCRA quarterly electronic newsletter;
- A 25% discount on books from Springer.
The reduced 2-year membership fee of $15 for all undergraduate students may be of particular help in supporting undergrad interest in Community Psych. The gift membership is to foster collegiality and connection in the critical workplace transition. Any queries can be directed to the SCRA membership team. Please forward to your networks as you feel is appropriate. Thank you.
Kind regards, Katie
Dr. Katie Thomas