Bringing Society To Psychology
Time: June 11, 2014 from 6:30pm to 9pm
Location: Kings Cross, London
Street: Chadswell Healthy Living Centre Lower Ground Floor, Harrison Street London WC1H 8JE Tel: 020 7713 5545 Nearest tubes are Kings Cross/St Pancras or Russell Square
Event Type: network, session
Organized By: Carl Walker
Latest Activity: Jun 12, 2014
Next London Comm Psych Network Session -
THE EUROPEAN COMMUNITY PSYCHOLOGY TASKFORCE ON AUSTERITY – HOW DO WE ACT?
Date: Weds 11th June
Carl Walker and Sally Zlotowitz will be facilitating a session about the European Community Psychology Association taskforce on austerity.
Discussion and action will include...
• How do we best disseminate the evidence that comes out of the austerity taskforce?
• How do we build partnerships both within the BPS and in the other relevant organisations fighting the impacts of austerity to provide a coordinated message?
• How do we work to think about broadening and challenging the problematically narrow remit of psychologists in such a way that we can be more effectively positioned to challenge these problems?
• How do we work towards a platform where critically minded psychologists can have a more public voice in austerity/wellbeing debates?
• How do we encourage psychologists/practitioners to be more active on explicitly political issues that affect their service users/communities?
• How do we involve and join alongside our service users in this activism?
We welcome further ideas for this session. Please contact us on this website, thanks!
Add a Comment